Shingle or gravel driveways can dramatically transform the appearance of your property. With our knowledge and expertise we can create a stunning shingle/gravel driveway from a large variety of different aggregates (type of stone, size and colour). Not only will this provide convenient parking and attractive view of your property, but it will also act as a natural security feature.
This product is a great example of a permeable solution that will meet any local authority planning requirements.
The construction of a gravel/shingle driveway will generally require :
- The excavation of the existing ground to a depth of approx. 300mm - 350mm.
- Laying of a GeoTextile Membrane.
- 200mm - 250mm layer of 'Type 1 MOT' crushed concrete is placed for the stability and drainage requirements.
- Retaining borders to be bonded on and haunched with concrete.
- Finally 40mm - 50mm of the chosen aggregate (shingle/gravel).
- Permeable - Does not gather or collect puddles.
- Colour Range - Extensive range of colour and stone type options.
- Enhances - Maintains and enhances the surrounding environment.
- Security - Provides a natural form of security.
- 5 Year Guarantee*
*Guarantees offered are up to 5 years and are subject to Terms and Conditions.