Block paving originated in the early seventies. Britain soon adopted this becoming a quick, economical and visually pleasing product. When correctly laid it can accommodate high loading, being used in Ports and Airports.
The construction of a domestic use block paved driveway will generally require :
- The excavation of the existing ground to a depth of approx. 250mm - 300mm below dpc.
- Laying of GeoTextile membrane.
- Compaction of Type 1 MOT aggregate.
- Retaining borders to be bonded on and haunched with concrete.
- If impermeable paving, the required drainage system installed, e.g. rain gulleys, ground drains etc. .
- 50mm to 80mm block paviers of your chosen design laid on sharp sand or grit.
- Finished with kiln dried sand or 4mm grit swept into joints.
- Cobbles and Setts
- Vast selection of colours
- Kerbs and steps
- GeoTextitle membrane as standard
- Approved Installers for Bretts and Marshalls paving
- Approved Formpave Suppliers
- 5 Year Guarantee*
Paving blocks offer numerous design options and features that can be accommodated into your chosen scheme, such as laying patterns and circles.
*Guarantees offered are up to 5 years and are subject to Terms and Conditions.